Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Birthday!!!!!

Rapunzel: So mother, earlier I was saying tomorrow is a really big day, and you didn't really respond, so I'm just gonna tell you: IT'S MY BIRTHDAY! Tada!
Mother Gothel: No no no, can't be. I distinctly remember, your birthday was last year.
Rapunzel: That's the funny thing about birthdays, they're kind of an annual thing.

Haha, well I definitely had an amazing birthday this year. My friend and I threw a neon party with some friends a week ago to celebrate both of our birthdays while we were both still here and had a blast with that. A week later, my birthday rolled around again (and It was also my last day in Utah!). Some friends and I decided to wake up 5:30 in the morning to Hike Ensign Peak before Stake Conference that morning.

Ensign Peak itself is a fair hike. It's about 20 minutes up and 20 minutes back,all depending on how fast you go. It was freezing cold that morning, but the hike itself was all worth it! After the hike, we ran off to change for stake conference. Stake Conference itself was amazing. I love it when Easter Weekend and Stake Conference happen to fall on my birthday weekend. It helps me focus on the blessings that I have been given and my savior. After-words, Another good friend of mine found out it was my birthday and so they sang to me at the pancake breakfast after:)

A couple hours later, we headed to the Bountiful Temple. One thing I love about Utah is how many temples there are nearby, that make it so easy to go. It's going to be hard being away from that easy access of going to the temple. The closest temple I have here is the Washington D.C temple, and that's a 2 hour drive away, which isn't so bad, it's just not a block away like it used to be.

After the Bountiful Temple, My sister came and picked me up to celebrate my birthday with me! We stopped by the Hymas' reception, and she treated me to the roof for dessert.







What an amazing Birthday! The only downside to the day was my flight that evening at 1:00am (really the next day) It was so hard to stay awake, but the day was so worth it:)

No comments:

Post a Comment