Friday, August 6, 2010

time

To be honest, i really hate writing in journals.I love to update about every little detail, and when i slack of with any detail i have to go back and update everything. And that could take me days considering how long the last update was. I love however, looking back on older journals and looking at the silly things that were so important to me, or how or what i did on a certain day.
When looking through these journals, I'm constantly reminded of how fast time is really going by. It really seems not to long ago I was 14, starting high school and looking forward to events like EFY and youth conference. I'd literally count down days on the side margins.
But time is funny. It's beginning to catch up with all of us.14 was just a turn of a century: beginning high school, starting young women's,attending seminary, growing up,and then graduating. And then what next? We're 18,19, most of us are starting college,joining the military, going on missions or starting families. I am no longer the silly girl i was at 14, but now a grown adult facing "grown up choices".
We have to take a point check here on what we really want to take with us as adults. Time is so valuable.
The people who are around us now, won't be around us in the next 10 years. Take every opportunity that comes. Cherish friendships and moments that won't come every day, learn to be happy now or you won't be happy later.

No comments:

Post a Comment