Sunday, October 24, 2010

Singing with the MOTAB.

One of the best days of my life, ever.
The school wanted someone to record and sing our school anthem.
Geuss who got to sing with the Motab this morning in front of David archuletta and sister dalton? I did.
Our combined choir of 100 plus students (fellow choir members, mentors and others) woke up around 6am this morning to be at the Tabernacle at 7:30am. We got directed into a smaller room first, warmed up and headed out to sit near the choir on the risers.
SO EXCITED.
We've been practicing for months and the day was finally here!
We sat through both the recording of the Music and the Spoken word and the rehearsal, and then it was finally time! Because of my ridiculous height, I'm always at the back, but this time I was fine with it. I ended up being right next to the organ and right in a good camera angle. SCORE.
One of the best experiences of my life, hands down.
After singing, we presented the choir as honorary members of mentors and ambassadors, Vice President Craig Nelson talked some, and a bodyguard came out bringing DAVID ARCHULETTA, as a surprise. He heard us sing and liked it. Of course...who wouldn't love the Motab?
I've been so blessed with being in choir and singing.
To Top this experience, I ran with a friend over to the conference center after decided not going up to the U and they ended up letting us in for our broadcast, with President Uchtdorf presiding.
He's such a spiritual, ultimate powerhouse.
Right after stake confrence, we frantically left for a mission farewell sacrament meeting, only to be lead by homemade soup after.
Only in utah, can you sing with the motab, be in stake confrence with president uchtdorf, and be at a mission farewell all in one day.
Sundays are good to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment