Friday, November 12, 2010

Decesions, Decesions.....

"You're off to Great Places!
Today is your day!
Your mountain is waiting,
So... get on your way!"
-Dr. Seuss



My life almost reminds me daily of the children's Dr. Seuss book, Oh the places you'll go. There are so many wonderful different options and opportunities that I want and would love to be able to experience when I'm finished with the business college. I won't go into detail, but for the last few weeks I searched long and hard for an answer.Over the summer I had made the decesion but needed time to figure out when was right to go, and if I needed to wait a while longer. I weighed my options and marked down some plans. One of the big decisions I had and seriously contemplated was Disney's College Internship Program in Orlando, Florida; but things just weren't falling into place. Just this pass week I received the final answer, and it's going to be one of the best decisions I have and will ever make for the rest of my life (besides getting married). I have decided to serve a full time mission for the church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints. Everything is rapidly falling into place to leave and I can hardly wait for the best one and a half years of my life to begin. To finish in the words of Dr. Seuss: Oh the places you'll go! There is fun to be done! There are points to be scored. There are games to be won. And the magical things you can do with that ball will make you the winning-est winner of all."

2 comments:

  1. oh daryl! i'm so happy that you decided to go on a mission! - You are so full of the spirit already and can't imagine how you will come back; glowing possibly? :)
    Your still one of my favorite people, someone i look up to! I remember when you left the YW program back in KY things just weren't as fun anymore and something was just always missing! I remember some of the talks we would have and I could always feel your sincerity. You aren't fake like a lot of people out there I know and that makes you a rarity!
    Just thought I would tell you that!
    I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww rach. I miss you. I miss our intellectual conversations. You're so smart with so many different things. I am so excited about this and I hope that you guys will write and keep me posted! and I love you!

    ReplyDelete